Monday, September 8, 2008

Celebrations!

I thought Monday would be a great day to take a few minutes to celebrate successes. First off, my good friend started on this program a week ago and has lost 13 pounds!!!! I am so proud of her, keep up the good work!
Her successes makes mine look a little lame but I am happy all the same. I have lost 13 pounds in the last 4 weeks, making it 23 since July 28th. Not too bad considering I haven't been able to exercise with my knee injury. That means I am 15% of the way to losing 150 pounds!

My short-term goal is to lose 40 pounds between Sept 1st and Jan 1st, 2009. That is 10 pounds a month, very doable. I also want to begin exercising again, slow and steady this time so I don't end up injured again.

Another small success for me is that a month ago I could barely get my wedding rings on and some days I couldn't wear them at all. Now they slide on easily and I don't even have to lube my fingers up with lotion. Woooooo Hoooooo!

Thanks to everyone for their support. I am really enjoying writing the blog so I am glad you guys are enjoying reading it.

Happy Monday!

No comments: